Kerns Construction, Inc. began in the early 1900’s when O. D. Kerns provided horses and farm equipment for road building projects in Payne County, Oklahoma. In 1942, his son, L.G. “Red” Kerns purchased three trucks and began operating as Kerns Trucking to transport construction materials from the railroad yard to job sites before the development of the state highway system. In 1959, the business added site excavation and grading, eventually expanding into asphalt and concrete paving. The company name was changed to Kerns Construction, Inc. to reflect the expanded scope of the services offered. In 1969, a hot mix asphalt plant was purchased and began producing asphalt products for paving jobs under the name, Kerns Asphalt Company. Over the decades, Kerns Construction and Kerns Asphalt have paved many miles of driveways and roads throughout Stillwater and Payne County and have expanded into site preparation, grading, underground drainage systems, soil stabilization, and construction material sales.
Jeff Kerns is the fourth generation to lead the companies as the current President of both Kerns Construction, Inc. and Kerns Asphalt Co. Jeff has a Civil Engineering degree from Oklahoma State University and an MBA degree from The University of Texas.
- O’Brate Baseball Stadium
- OSU North Classroom Building
- Oklahoma State University
- Academy Sports & Outdoors
- St. Francis Catholic Church
- Legacy Village
- Lakeview Pointe Shopping Center